Here is an example of a terracotta roof restoration completed by us in Narre Warren during February 2016. One of the great properties of terracotta roof tiles is that they will outlast any standard concrete roof tile, but just like any roof they will eventually require maintenance.
We only wished that our customer had wanted us to pressure clean the roof and remove the moss and lichen that had accumulated on the roof tiles. If we had done this the roof would have looked near new again – it was almost 30 years old.
The steps we took in this roof restoration Narre Warren include;
- Site inspection and appraisal of job requirements
- Erection of roof guard rails that are required by WorkSafe law – strict penalties apply to us otherwise
- Replaced all broken tiles and inspected water course to ensure roof was water tight
- Inspection of all flashing including valley metals replacing any damaged components
- Removed existing ridge capping and set aside
- Removed existing bedding and thoroughly cleaned entire surface
- Re bedded and re pointed all ridge and hip capping tiles
- Installed Valley Seal along all valley courses.
- Full site clean up including gutters, surrounding surfaces and inspection of down pipes
Here is what our customer had to say when we were finished (taken from Google April 2016) – “We just had our terracotta roof restored by Casey Roof Care. We received several quotes from different companies but thought Adam and Dillon were most reasonable